My name is Clarence “C.J.” Kuhn and I am a business trial lawyer. I have been involved in resolving hundreds of disputes throughout the U.S. Some of the disputes were resolved in mediation, while other disputes were resolved in state and federal courts and still others in arbitration.
I have represented some of the largest companies in the U.S., but typically represent small businesses and individuals in business-related disputes and executive employment matters.
I have appeared before various appellate courts and my recent landmark victory before the Minnesota Supreme Court in Sprinkler Warehouse, Inc. v. Systematic Rain, Inc., d/b/a GPLAWN.com, et al., 880 N.W.2d 16 (Minn. 2016), established that websites and domain names are property, subject to a creditor’s garnishment.
Before founding my firm, I was an attorney with a prestigious and nationally renowned law firm ranked by Chambers and Partners as the No. 1 law firm in the U.S. with a specialty in complex litigation. Some examples of my representative cases include the following disputes:
- $15,000,000 defense of defendant in mass fraud dispute;
- $12,000,000 shareholder dispute;
- $4,000,000 breach of contract judgment;
- $1,800,000 judgment against a defendant who defrauded our client;
- $1,100,000 severance agreement;
- $1,500,000 defense of an alleged debtor;
- $700,000 defense of various franchise related claims;
- $600,000 defense of a client accused of breaching a contract and fraud;
- $550,000 breach of contract judgment;
- $550,000 severance agreement;
- $300,000 claim for a defrauded client;
- $250,000 arbitration award for a defrauded client;
- $250,000 defense of an alleged debtor;
- $200,000 defense of an alleged debtor;
- $175,000 judgment against a commercial tenant who breached the parties’ contract;
- $150,000 judgment against a defendant who breached the parties’ contract;
- $49,000 securities act judgment;
- Successfully defended against plaintiff’s motion for a restraining order relating to a non-compete agreement;
- Successfully obtained a restraining order preventing commercial tenant from being ousted from location;
- Successfully prosecuted and defended various motions for restraining orders; and
- Successfully litigated and/or settled many other matters.
C.J. has been named a 2006 Super Lawyer Rising Star by Law & Politics Magazine – only 2.5% of Minnesota attorneys are selected for this honor.
Among other things, C.J. is a former board member of the Hennepin County LRIS Lawyer Oversight Committee.
C.J. is admitted to practice in Minnesota, Texas and Arizona.
C.J. is an avid outdoorsman, and enjoys spending time with his wife, and their two children.
Mitchell | Hamline University – J.D.
Regis University – M.B.A.
St. Cloud State University – B.S.
Email Address: email@example.com
Note, each case is different and past successful results are no guarantee of future success.